Every year the Washington State Senate offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend one week as a Senate page. Through the program students ages 14 through 16 can serve and get a front-row seat to how state government works.
Learning about Washington’s legislative process and our state’s history is an essential part of educating all students. Everyone who completes this program returns home with a newfound understanding of state government and the importance of policy-making at every level.
Requirements to become a Senate page:
- Need permission from parent or guardian
- Permission and recommendation from your school
- Sponsorship by senator
- Between 14 and 16 years of age
If you know someone who is interested in applying to serve as a page during the 2016 legislative session, please contact me for more information by calling 888-786-0598 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seek sponsorship from a Senator.
- Seek a recommendation from your teacher, principal, mentor, or school advisor
- Mail your completed form to your sponsoring senator or submit online.
If you have any questions please call my office at 360-786-7692 or email me at Joe.Fain@leg.wa.gov